FRIENDS is one the most awesome things I’ve ever encountered. I only got to watch this show when I was in the 9th grade, and I have had an unhealthy obsession with it ever since. This show will always have a special place in my heart. I have learnt so much about the power of love, friendship and the importance of friends in our life. It basically tells us how our lives can be full of ups and downs, and then more downs, but having friends can make it a whole lot worthwhile. Over the time I realized that it’s not just some TV show, but it is a show that everyone can relate to.
Everyone that knows me would know how excited I become when anybody even mentions FRIENDS in their conversation. And the next moment I’m imitating the characters, quoting different episodes, debating who is a better character than whom. It’s a never-ending topic.
Today, I’m 19 years old, and in this span of 5 years since I first started watching it, I’ve watched each and every episode close enough to a gazillion times. No other show I have seen till now, could match up to the level of humor, drama, friendship and my loyalty to this show.
Even today, when I’m feeling low, I switch on my laptop, and I start watching the series right from the beginning, and by the end of 2-3 episodes, I am so engrossed in it, that I even forget the problem I had in the first place.
So here is a list of things (some realistic, some not-so-realistic) that I learnt from this show:
1. Never use “We were on a break” as an excuse. EVER. Unless you want to end up having a terrible break-up like Ross, that too with the girl of her dreams a.k.a. Rachel.
2. ‘Cupping’ is not a part of measuring pants. That only happens in prison. And it’s okay when it’s hernia.
3. Within a group of mixed boy and girl friends it’s inevitable that you will hook up with at least one of them.
Believe me, this is true. No more of an explanation is needed..
4. Its not smelly cat’s fault. It’s whatever-they-are-feeding-her.
5. Meat is not an ingredient in a trifle. Always, ALWAYS check if two pages of a recipe book aren’t stuck together. Otherwise you’ll end up making something which tastes like FEET!
6. When moving a couch upstairs, PIVOT!
8. Never put your head in a turkey. Also don’t use the phrase ‘spread the legs’ while taking it out of someone’s head.
9. Always double-check your measurements when making an entertainment unit. Unless you want your doors to be partly blocked. Also, it’s an electric drill–you get me, you kill me. And don’t get in the entertainment system because you might get locked in and robbed.
12. A silent auction is not a contest to guess the right price. Unless you want the wind in your hai-aarms, the peace and quiet that you’ve always wanted, you want to get back to nature and go fishing. And of course have $20,000 in your bank account.
13. Yemen is a good place to escape unwanted girlfriends. Especially if said girlfriend makes terrifying noises when she laughs.
14. Always say the right name at the altar. Especially if its your second marriage and you don’t need another divorce under your belt. If you’re the third party in this scenario, stay the hell away from London. Or, at the very least, listen to Dr. House.
15. Everybody has a lobster in life. As Phoebe says you can see lobster soul-mates walking around the beach with their claws linked together. You will also find your lobster, just like Ross and Rachel did.
16. Everyone has an identical hand twin. And also make great money out of it, because of course, sane people will always pay you just to watch you and your identical hand twin.
17. There are seven basic erogenous zones. You got one, two, three, four, five, six, and seven. Alright. You could start out with a little one. A two. A one, two, three. A three. A five. A four. A three, two. Two. A two, four, six. Two, four, six. Four. Two. Two. Four, seven! Five, seven! Six, seven! Seven! Seven! Seven! Seven! Seven! Seven! Seven! Seven! Seven!
18. Quitting the gym is just as hard as quitting the bank. Especially when they have a dreamy spandex girl working for them.
19. Everyone is entitled to a ‘freebie’ list of 5 celebrities that they can sleep with if the opportunity presents itself. Never, NEVER get that list laminated. We all know how it ended up for Ross.
20. And finally for the guys, remember, it’s not that common, it doesn’t happen to every guy and it is a big deal!!